Changes in v1.0
1.0.4 in development
- Alter how changes are represented in documentation to simplify merging.
1.0.3 released on 2011-09-24
- Use raise x from y to generalize exceptions. (Elvis Pranskevichus)
- Alter postgresql.string.quote_ident to always quote. (Elvis Pranskevichus)
- Add postgresql.string.quote_ident_if_necessary (Modification of Elvis Pranskevichus’ patch)
- Many postgresql.string bug fixes (Elvis Pranskevichus)
- Correct ResourceWarnings improving Python 3.2 support. (jwp)
- Add test command to setup.py (Elvis Pranskevichus)
1.0.2 released on 2010-09-18
- Add support for DOMAINs in registered composites. (Elvis Pranskevichus)
- Properly raise StopIteration in Cursor.__next__. (Elvis Pranskevichus)
- Add Cluster Management documentation.
- Release savepoints after rolling them back.
- Fix Startup() usage for Python 3.2.
- Emit deprecation warning when ‘gid’ is given to xact().
- Compensate for Python3.2’s ElementTree API changes.
1.0.1 released on 2010-04-24
- Fix unpacking of array NULLs. (Elvis Pranskevichus)
- Fix .first()’s handling of counts and commands.
Bad logic caused zero-counts to return the command tag.
- Don’t interrupt and close a temporal connection if it’s not open.
- Use the Driver’s typio attribute for TypeIO overrides. (Elvis Pranskevichus)
1.0 released on 2010-03-27
- DEPRECATION: Removed 2PC support documentation.
- DEPRECATION: Removed pg_python and pg_dotconf ‘scripts’.
They are still accessible by python3 -m postgresql.bin.pg_*
- Add support for binary hstore.
- Add support for user service files.
- Implement a Copy manager for direct connection-to-connection COPY operations.
- Added db.do() method for DO-statement support(convenience method).
- Set the default client_min_messages level to WARNING.
NOTICEs are often not desired by programmers, and py-postgresql’s
high verbosity further irritates that case.
- Added postgresql.project module to provide project information.
Project name, author, version, etc.
- Increased default recvsize and chunksize for improved performance.
- ‘D’ messages are special cased as builtins.tuples instead of
- Alter Statement.chunks() to return chunks of builtins.tuple. Being
an interface intended for speed, types.Row() impedes its performance.
- Fix handling of infinity values with timestamptz, timestamp, and date.
[Bug reported by Axel Rau.]
- Correct representation of PostgreSQL ARRAYs by properly recording
lowerbounds and upperbounds. Internally, sub-ARRAYs have their own
- Implement a NotificationManager for managing the NOTIFYs received
by a connection. The class can manage NOTIFYs from multiple
connections, whereas the db.wait() method is tailored for single targets.
- Implement an ALock class for managing advisory locks using the
threading.Lock APIs. [Feedback from Valentine Gogichashvili]
- Implement reference symbols. Allow libraries to define symbols that
are used to create queries that inherit the original symbol’s type and
execution method. db.prepare(db.prepare(...).first())
- Fix handling of unix domain sockets by pg.open and driver.connect.
[Reported by twitter.com/rintavarustus]
- Fix typo/dropped parts of a raise LoadError in .lib.
[Reported by Vlad Pranskevichus]
- Fix db.tracer and pg_python’s –pq-trace=
- Fix count return from .first() method. Failed to provide an empty
tuple for the rformats of the bind statement.
[Reported by dou dou]